MulchControl advantages and benefits
The MulchControl attachment for the 60-in. (152-cm) HC Mower Deck makes mulching more practical for many mowing situations because it not only does an excellent job of mulching but it also allows the mower to be easily converted for times when it is more desirable to side discharge or collect the lawn material. Advantages of mulching grass clippings include:
· A beautiful looking lawn
· Grass clippings not blown onto the operator, driveways, or flower beds
· Less fertilizer use
· Elimination of the effort needed to dispose of clippings
How MulchControl works
MulchControl is an innovative, simple design that is easy to use and maintain:
· The MulchControl attachment includes baffles to control the flow of material under the deck.
o The left mower blade area is completely enclosed and optimized for mulching, thus will mulch even when the mower is in the side-discharge mode.
o Baffles around the center and right blades are optimized for mulching when the discharge baffle is closed.
· The MulchControl handle is located on top of the mower deck and used to open and close the discharge baffle.
o The operator is required to get off of the machine in order to engage or disengage mulch mode.
· Changing from mulching to side discharge or vice versa takes only a few seconds.
MulchControl is well-suited to the following mowing situations:
· Usually mulch, but side-discharge when grass gets too long
· Usually side discharge, but would like to be able to close the chute to control clippings
· Always mulch a main lawn, but often side discharge secondary lawns
· Bag clippings, but want to go farther before emptying bags
MulchControl puts the operator in control of the clippings. Now the operator can have all the benefits of mulching with the ability to easily change to side-discharge or bagging when needed.
While in the side-discharge mode, MulchControl will still mulch about one third of the material. Therefore, the side-discharge mode is essentially a partial-mulch mode. This can be an advantage when side discharging or bagging, as it helps to reduce the amount of material being discharged. Other times this could work as a disadvantage:
· When cutting strong southern grasses, such as Zoysia and Bermuda
· When cutting in wet, high-growth conditions, such as those found in the Pacific Northwest United States
· When optimum bagging and lawn clean-up is desired
MulchControl for 60-in. (152-cm) HC Mower Decks is a field-installed attachment and compatible with the following:
· 2015 and later X700 Signature Series Tractor 9075M 60-in. (152-cm) HC Mower Deck (SN 030,001-)
· 2015 and later EZtrak Z665 (SN 170,001-)
· 2016 ZTrak™ Z540R
MulchControl attachment for 60-in. (152-cm) HC Mower Deck
Note: For 2015 and later X700 Signature Series Tractor 9075M 60-in. (152-cm) HC Mower Deck (SN 030,001-) and EZtrak Z665 (SN 170,001-) and ZTrak Z540R.