The Edge™ Cutting System 48-in. (122-cm) mower deck
The Edge Cutting System has been trademarked to emphasize the advantages of the John Deere mower deck designs. The Edge Cutting System provides the John Deere mower owner with superior mowing convenience, performance, and reliability:
· Deep-deck mower design lifts grass for a clean, even cut.
· Smooth underside of the mower prevents grass buildup and evenly disperses grass clippings.
· The rolled outer edge of the deck provides extra strength and protection.
· Dual-stage E-coat and powder-paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
48-in. (122-cm) Mower
Underside of mower deck
The 48-in. (122-cm) mower deck is a three-spindle design with heavy-duty characteristics:
· Four mower wheels are standard equipment for a smooth mowing job, even in rolling terrain.
· Flexible discharge chute minimizes property and mower deck damage.
· No tools are needed to go from mulching (with mulch cover) to side discharging to rear bagging.
The mower deck has a rolled lip to provide greater strength and protection. The rugged 12-ga (0.105-in., 2.7-mm) steel mower will provide years of dependable mowing. The blade-to-spindle design provides a unique mounting system for the mower blade that gives extra safety and convenience. A cut-and-throw 6.5-bu (229.1 L) Rear Bagger is sold separately. A complete mower deck can be ordered as a replacement part.
StarLock™ blade design
StarLock blade design (42-in. (107-cm) and 48-in. (122-cm) mowers) keeps the blade bolt at the correct torque for easy removal.