The mulching attachment allows converting the mower so it can be used to mulch grass or leaves.
The attachment consists of special mulching blade(s), a deflector ramp to direct the clippings into the blade for recutting, and a discharge closure plate with adjustable baffle. This kit also includes installation instructions.
This 38" mulching kit is compatible on the following models with 38" decks that have two blades.
STX38 Lawn Tractors
F510 and F525 Front Mowers
F510 andF525 Front Mowers
LX172, LX173, LX176, LX178, LX186 and LX188 Lawn Tractors
GT242.GT262andGT275Lawna nd GardenTractors
LT133 Lawn Tractor
LT150 Lawn Tractor
LT155 Lawn Tractor
LT160 Lawn Tractor
LT166 Lawn Tractor
X300 Lawn Tractor
LX255, LX266, LX277. LX279, LX288. GT225, GT235
325, 335,345 and 355D
- The blades included are designed to work with the StarLockTM blade mounting system used on 38-in. mowers for X300 Series tractors and also for the 38-in. mower without StarLock used on LT Series tractors
- The special mulching blades included can also be used for side discharging, though overall cut quality may decline slightly
|Operating tips |
- Adjust baffle to the proper opening. The adjustable baffle can be moved to one of five positions to match conditions using the convenient wing nuts
- When mulching grass, the operator should start with the baffle set in the highest position (greatest opening)
- In drier conditions or when mulching leaves, the baffles can be moved down to reduce the amount of material that is discharged
- The holes in the adjustable baffle are intended for leaf mulching. When mulching dry leaves, the holes will allow some air and leaf particles to escape, reducing blowout in other areas of the mower. However, when mulching grass, these holes can be expected to plug.
- Mow when grass is dry
- Observe the 1/3 rule
- No more than 1/3 of the grass blade should be cut off at one time. This allows more efficient mulching and will promote the continued good health of the grass. If the desired cut height can't be achieved by cutting off 1/3, or there is clumping of the clippings, it may be required to cut higher; wait a day, then lower the mower and make a second pass
- Mow at proper intervals approximately every 4 to 5 days
- Always mow with a sharp blade(s)
- Remove mulching attachment and install the appropriate medium or high lift blade(s)
- Deflector ramp and discharge cover must be removed
- Special mulching blade may be used if satisfactory results are achieved; if not, remove and replace with standard blade(s)
|Compatibility information |
|The mulching attachment is compatible with riding equipment having a seat safety switch (in good operating condition) to prevent an operator from adjusting the baffle while the mower is running.|